Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Writing Process

Honestly, when I first get an assignment I plan on getting started early but it does not usually happen. If the teacher assigns it in class I begin to brainstorm about what I will write. I like to write it down in a web diagram during class. Web diagrams help me organize my paragraphs and keep the structure of my essay or paper. Then, I wait until a couple of days before the assignment is due to actually begin writing. When I finally get focused and ready to write I have to sit down quietly and just type. I normally don't actually physically write any of my paper down in drafts. I love to just sit down and type the whole paper as I go. If I start on an essay I do not leave my room until I complete the assignment. When I get "in the zone" I don't worry about anything else except the essay or assignment that is due. Since, I just type my essays I normally only have one draft. I like to edit as a go and re-read my essays a paragraph at a time. When picking a topic I choose the one that I can write the most on. I may not agree necessarily with the topic but if I can back it up with the most information then I choose that subject. Usually that seems to be the most interesting topic. Finally, as I am typing my essay I love to listen to music. Music just calms me down and keeps me from focusing on how long the assignment is actually taking me. The television just distracts me so I try to steer clear of having it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment